↑ Scroll to top

Rolls-Royce cars in $100 million recall

Published: April 25, 2012 | 8:40 am
Text size: -A +A

  • Rolls-Royce cars being recalled over safety issues
  • The cars being recalled have a total value of $100m
  • Possibility of fire, reduction in braking ability
  • ALMOST every Rolls-Royce sold in Australia in the past 10 years is being recalled because of brake safety issues and concerns some models could catch fire.

    The cars being recalled have a combined total of $100 million.

    The recalls affect 36 Rolls-Royce Ghost sedans, worth $645,000, sold between 2009 and 2011.
    The Federal Government’s Product Safety Australia says if the turbo cooling pump cracks, the pump electronics may smoulder, “possibly causing an engine compartment fire or a vehicle fire”.
    The luxury motoring brand is also recalling about 74 Rolls-Royce Phantom sedans sold between 2003-2009 worth between $1 million and $1.35 million each.

    “Due to the possibility of oil entering the brake booster, there may be a reduction in power braking assistance and an increased chance of an accident occurring,” Product Safety Australia said.

    In a letter to customers, Rolls-Royce said there had been no reported incidents.

    “Furthermore, as this issue relates to older vehicles with a high mileage, we believe it is highly unlikely that Rolls-Royce customers will be affected,” the company said.

    The company is recalling the cars for repair work at no cost to customers.

    heraldsun

    VN:F [1.9.10_1130]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
    Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    More posts in category: Latest News
  • Politics sank Keystone XL, Exxon says
  • Irakli Lekvinadze does not see Grounds for Alarm regarding the Devaluation of the Lari at this Stage
  • Auto sales hit highest level in 4 years
  • Brent up above $112 on stimulus hopes, oil supply hiccups